"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them."
Fasting and prayer is the way to obtain guidance from God. To be ready to receive instruction from Him one must be without distraction, a clean vessel waiting to be filled and used. Self judgment and especially self discipline could prove useful in future endeavors should the Lord require such trials. It is always good to live within our needs and not spend time in desiring our wants. The Lord provides amply for His own. (B.R. - Meditations in Acts)
N.J. Hiebert # 3332
"Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might." (Ephesians 6:10)
- In a world of constant change, you can trust in God's unchanging word.
- Once we've feasted on the goodness of God, nothing else will satisfy.
- Serving the Lord is an investment with eternal dividends.
- When a Christian hits rock bottom, he'll find that Christ is a firm foundation.
- The best way to renew our minds is to read God's Word daily.
- What you do with Jesus now determines what He will do with you later.
- Don't study the Bible to quote it; study it to obey it. (R.K. - Some Thoughts to Consider)
N.J. Hiebert # 3333